Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a lovely Easter this year! After singing 11:00am mass at Sacred Heart Church with my choir, I rushed home, changed clothes, grabbed my boys (David, Ian, & Nathan) and drove to Arbuckle, CA to the Rominger Family Ranch. This is my cousin Amy's family (my Dad and her Mom are brother and sister - Amy's Mom and Dad have been divorced for many years, so this is really not my side of the family, but it was so nice to be included!) and her grandmother Margie and my cousin Scott (Amy's brother) hosted a fantastic BBQ in the beautiful grove of oak trees on thier 400+ acre property. Nestled between a wheat field and rows and rows of almond trees, we ate, played, took tractor rides, and hunted for eggs that the Easter Bunny had hidden in the almond orchard. And, as a very special treat, the Easter Bunny HIMSELF made an appearance by flying over the orchard and dropping stuffed easter bunnies on the kids! Needless to say, a good time was had by all. We have managed to ration the eggs and the candy, but I'm sure Ian has had enough sugar to last him for quite some time. What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful spring day. Happy Easter to all and I hope your day was wonderful as well!





Nathan's first egg!


Ian found a ton of eggs...



Playing in the wheat field

Hangin' on the picnic blanket




Bubbles!