Saturday, October 4, 2008

October Update

While visiting with my Mom yesterday, she pointed out that I have been slacking off on posts, and being that I haven't added to the blog since late August, I figured it was time. Sorry for the delay, folks! :o)

October is shaping up to be a busy month for our family. Tomorrow we are taking Ian on the "Pumpkin Express" Sacramento Valley River Train. He is so excited, he can hardly stand it. I will make sure to add pictures to the blog after we go - it should be fantastic! In two weeks, we head to Disneyland with my friend from work and her family, then off to Tucson the following week for David's brother's 50th birthday party. For those of you who don't know, I have started singing with Schola again and have our first concert on Sunday, October 19. It is an organ recital with renowned organist Roger Nyquist, and we have been invited to sing a few pieces. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you tickets. It should be a nice concert. I also started back to work in September, and am working with a 6th grade class on Fridays. It's an adjustment to only be at school one day a week, but I enjoy my class and it feels really good to teach again. I'm technically on vacation until November, but I'm sure that my partner Heather and I will be in and out of the classroom this month getting things together, which will be fun. Lots going on, so I will do my best to keep the blog updated!

Nathan is now 3 1/2 months old! I can't believe how quickly it has gone. He is getting bigger and stronger each day. He holds his head up well, coos, goos, and talks to us often, his smiles are biggers, and his laugh is adorable. He especially loves to watch his big brother Ian - whether Ian is playing or just hanging out, Nathan is entranced. Nathan hasn't rolled over yet, but he loves to lift up his legs and roll from side to side, so we anticipate the full flip isn't far away. We head back to the doctor's office later this month for his 4 month appointment, so we'll fill you all in with the growth details at that point. He is sleeping well, although still up once during the night to eat. We will probably introduce some fruit and cereal next month, so maybe that will help fill him up and he will start sleeping through the night. We'll see!

Ian started preschool at the beginning of September, and is doing wonderfully there. He attends twice a week (T/Th) from 9am-12pm in a class of 20 kids and 3 teachers. The head teacher, Ms. Aileen, says that Ian is a character, and is always very aware of what the other kids in his class are doing. He is often the first to point out that someone is not sitting on the carpet or not listening, so we are working on helping Ian to take care of himself and let the teachers worry about the other students. I appreciate his attentiveness, though, and I am glad that he is enjoying his time there. He loves to help pack his snack in his lunchbox, and is often so eager to get into the classroom that I have to force him to give me a hug and kiss goodbye! So independent so early! I would rather have him happy, though, then upset everytime I drop him off, so for now, we'll take it.

I celebrated my 29th birthday at the end of September, and now the countdown to 30 begins! I can't believe that my 20's are almost over, but at the same time, I have so much to be thankful for that I shouldn't let a little number get me down. I am hoping to have a party next year, so keep the end of September open. Should be fun!

David is doing his same-old same-old at Intel, and continues to work from home one day a week. It's nice to have him here on Wednesdays!

Above you will find some random photos of the kids from the last month. Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself! Again, I will do my best to keep the blog updated. Hope everyone is doing well and love to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you ever notice that ddplustwo is kinda like double d? Think about it. Your kids are cute and we miss them. Nathan's little double chin reminds me of David. I hope that your fun times on Sunday were worth no skyping... don't let it happen again. And teach mom how to use it.