Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome!

So, I figured with two kids it was about time to start one of these things...
Plus, my brother and his fiancee are moving to England and they started one, so I didn't want to be left out!

My brother-in-law Dan started a Standring Family blog, so I will try not to duplicate things, but this blog will be specifically about our little branch of the Standring family tree - info about me, David, the kids (can't believe I can say "kids" - crazy!) and the goings on in our life. Plus, it will be an easy way to post updated pictures of the boys.

Let's see... a quick update on the family.

David is still working at Intel, but no longer in the chipset group. Now he is working with graphics. Doing what exactly, well, you'll just have to ask him! :o) I am currently staying at home with the kids, but will be teaching again starting in September. Lucky for me, I will only be teaching one day a week! I am sharing a 6th grade class with a fabulous teacher named Heather Korvink. We taught 6th grade together last year, and I am so lucky to be working with such a great partner. After working full time last year, I decided I was ready to stay home and be a mom for a while. This way, I get the best of both worlds!

Ian turned 3 on June 8th and is a smart, talkative, and very BUSY little boy! He keeps both David and I on our toes. He also tries our patience on a daily basis! Ian will be starting pre-school in the fall, which beyond the opportunity to learn and socialize, will give Mommy some quiet time. Yeah for me!

The big news this year is the addition to our little family - Nathan Lucas was born on June 25th weighing in at 8lbs, 7oz and 20inches long. I was induced ten days past my due date, and after a pretty short but intense labor, Nathan literally popped out into the world. He is now six weeks old, unofficially weighs over 11 pounds, and is doing great! He is a good eater, likes to kick, makes lots of cooing noises, smiles occasionally, and sleeping well. He is usually asleep by 10pm and is only waking up once to nurse before deciding to start his day around 6am. Pretty nice as far as I'm concerned! I know there are lots of family and friends who have yet to meet him, but hopefully we will get together with you soon!

There are lots of other exciting things going on, but I think this is probably enough for my first post. I will try to update a couple times a week, post current pictures, and respond to any comments. Love to you all and hope you enjoy hearing about our growing family!

P.S. Pictures of the boys posted above... New pics will be added frequently - at least that's my plan! :o)

1 comment:

Nova said...

Yay new blog! How exciting that we will be able to stay current with eachother from across such distances. It's amazing what technology has done for us! (I guess that kinda' means Thanks to Dave, huh!?). =)